22 Oct Magazine Layout Designer – Part Time Contract Position – 150 to 200 Hours a Year
Magazine Layout Editor – Part Time Contract Position – 150 to 200 Hours a Year
Remote Position – Anywhere in the USA
We are searching for an experienced layout designer to work with us on a long-term contract for a magazine that we publish. Your job will be to continue the successful layout of this long established industry journal, using templates provided with the opportunity to add your own creative perspective on it.
This journal is in the manufacturing industry and is published six times a year. We are looking for someone who is interested in working with us a long-term basis.
Layout Designer Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with the communications specialist/editor and the client account manager
- Brainstorming new page ideas to incorporate advertisements naturally into the text.
- Arranging page elements for screens and printed media.
- Determining text and image size for each page.
- Modifying page graphics to work with the images and text.
- Examining page proofs for final approval.
Layout Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience as a layout designer or graphic designer
- Proficiency with industry desktop publishing tools including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Quark, and Illustrator.
- Excellent composition and visual design skills.
- A deep understanding of typography principals.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please apply on Flexjobs with a resume and your hourly rate.