15 Sep 2023 POSITION OPEN – OPERATIONS & EVENTS ASSOCIATE – REMOTE
Operations & Events Associate – Work From Home
Location: working from home with occasional paid travel
Our Association Management Firm is seeking an Operations & Events Associate to help manage day-to-day activities of busy, fast-paced client accounts.
- Support Executive Director and other team members in planning and staffing larger events, such as an annual conference, as well as smaller events, such as webinars, board meetings and/or in-person networking events. Residency within Michigan is crucial.
- Support Executive Director and other team members in compiling, formatting and/or deploying e-newsletters and e-blasts
- Answer phone and email as the initial point of contact for Board members, committee members and the general public.
- Process mail and deposit checks as needed; record payments in finance software; maintain receipts; occasionally make purchases, as needed
- Regularly update website content (videos, text, images and downloadable materials); maintain online meetings and events calendar; create online event-registration and payment pages; other website tasks as needed (instruction provided, but technical savvy/ability to learn new software is vital to this role)
- Work within membership-database platforms to update and maintain membership rosters, update member profiles, create invoices, process payments, create monthly financial reports, etc.
- Set up virtual meetings, webinars and events in Zoom or Microsoft Teams; disseminate meetings, event-access information and reminders; poll Board Members/volunteers for their availability; and help kick-off and/or run virtual meetings as needed.
- Update and maintain multiple email listservs and contact lists, such as adding and removing members to/from multiple listservs, posting messages, monitoring automated bounce back emails for posting errors, determining reason and tending to issues, etc.
- Attend committee meetings and/or board meetings as needed.
- Other general client responsibilities as needed / other clients’ work as needed
- Potential for a small amount of national travel
The Right Candidate:
- Friendly, motivated, self-starter who is able to learn projects quickly and manage them independently from start to finish.
- Excellent communicator – Whether via phone, email or in person, candidate should be friendly, respectful and service minded; emails are expected to be written with very few typos, name misspellings and errors.
- Adept at working on multiple tasks simultaneously with a quick turnaround.
- Proactive in seeking out continuous work fulfillment needs throughout the day or hitting the ground running with daily tasks.
- Excellent with time management – Works both fast and efficiently with acute attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Experienced working both on her/his/their own and also collaboratively within a tight-knit, small team; comfortable asking for help; and happy assisting others if the need arises.
- Believes no task is too big or too small.
- Possesses a service mindset and works with the client needs in mind.
- Able to stay calm, composed and professional, even under pressure.
- Able to deal with tight timetables, last-minute changes and solving problems as they arise.
Required experience and working knowledge:
- Microsoft Office (all tools)
- GSuite (Google Docs, Gmail, etc.,)
- Somewhat tech savvy and/or can learn and master new technology/software quickly
- Knowledge of Zoom, Microsoft Teams and team-project-management tools like Slack and Trello, as well as newsletter services like Constant Contact and MailChimp are extremely helpful but not required
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends on an occasional basis as needed for client events
Position will start as soon as we secure the right candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume stating your interest in the position and how you think you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE. Please put “Operations & Events Associate – Remote / Michigan” in subject line.