14 Dec Position Open – Bookkeeper – Fully Remote
Forty-person association management firm with offices in Minneapolis and New York is seeking to fill an experienced bookkeeper role. This position is fully remote from anywhere in the United States and will begin immediately.
We are looking for
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Excel and QuickBooks software system; also familiarity with and facility for database programs
- Strong mathematical skills and enjoys working with numbers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough work habits with attention to detail.
- Maintain general ledger including journal entries and bank reconciliations for a variety of clients
- Manage and process accounts payable.
- Manage month end closings and prepare monthly financial reports
- Provide data in the development process of the annual budgets
- Assist in monitoring budget on a monthly basis by providing variance reports.
- Develop and maintain financial and bookkeeping manuals.
- Assist in annual audit.
- Make weekly deposits.
- Process conference attendee and exhibitor registration fees
- Maintain exhibitor payment spreadsheet ensure membership status is appropriate and payment accurate.
Jaffe Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote without discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting strongly preferred
- Bookkeeper Certification recommended, not required
- Minimum of 3-5 years bookkeeping experience required.
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience in nonprofit organizations/501(c)(3) or (c)(6) preferred but not required
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org